Subject: [Leica] IMG: Canyon Library
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 11:52:02 -0400

Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

Wouldn't long fast lenses as required for wildlife be too heavy to be
practical for an S2 system
<<<

I agree that long fast lenses to replicate on a larger sensor the
commonly-practiced technique of many who photograph wildlife would be too
heavy to be practical for me.  I also find long fast lenses on small-sensor
cameras to be impractical for the technique I prefer to use, so I don't see
these lenses as required at all.

A lens such as the 350mm APO-Elmar-S on the S2 would have a field of view
equivalent to a 280mm lens with a 35mm film camera or a 200mm lens with the
DMR.  Since the 350 isn't available yet we don't know how heavy it is, but
I can work with that field of view.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application