Subject: [Leica] A couple of Friday Flowers
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 14:27:28 -0700

I generally don't post the EXIF info, as I've had people get easily
hung up on the equipment, and judge a photo based on whether it's
shot with a Leica or a Panasonic or whatever. I use a very large
variety of equipment so mostly I pick up what is handy, or what I
feel is particularly suited to a specific situation. Film goes from
35mm through every 120/220 size up to 6x12 and 4x5, and digital from
tiny sensors to FF 24x36 size.

These two were shot with a Canon 5DMkII and a Canon 100/2.8 macro.
This lens is the one that came out just before the current one with
IS. It's good, but the new one is definitely better in most regards
(except size and price). I have other macro lenses that are as good
or better under some circumstances, but this lens is quite convenient
and I had to act fast before the light changed and/or the rain
stopped.

These were both shot at about f/5.6. The hydrangea blossoms are very
tiny, so the magnification is much higher that that of the iris;
maybe about 1.5:1. ISO about 400 or 800 (the Canon is quite good at
either, so it doesn't matter much). The images came through LR with a
custom calibration that I created with a Colorchecker Passport, which
BTW is something everyone that is serious enough about shooting
digital raw should seriously consider getting.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com