Subject: [Leica] OT: Free classical concert at Stanford 6/6/2010 3:00pm
From: pasvorn at boonmark.net (Pasvorn Boonmark)
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 09:27:06 -0700

Hi,

Sorry about off-topic.

As many of LUGers are in the area, if you have time on June 6th, please come
by to support local young musicians.
The musicians are local middle schools' and Junior highs'.  I have gone to a
couple of rehearsals and they sound great.

The Dinkelspiel is a nice auditorium.   It would be good to try to fill it
up, plus it is more fun for the musicians when there are a lot of
audiences.  :)

The concert is free (usually you need to buy tickets, but not this time.)

If Brian doesn't mind, may I send another notice when it is closer to the
day?

-Pasvorn
----

*Sunday, June 6, 2009 - 3 pm*
Dinkelspiel Auditorium, Stanford University

Sinfonia Ensemble
Benjamin Simon, conductor

The concert features the Peninsula young talents from nine to seventeen
years old who have won the annual PACO concerto competition last December.

Alex Goldberg - Praeludium and Allegro
Tsutomu William Copeland - Mozart Violin Concerto No. 4: first movement
Alvin Kim and Zachary Munro - Mozart Concertone in C Major: third movement:
Minuet
Varun Nagarajan - Zelter Viola Concerto in E-flat Major: first movement
Clara Chan - Mendelssohn Violin Concerto: first movement
Thyne Boonmark - Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 1: first movement

Admission Free