Subject: [Leica] IMG: Turkey on the car.
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 14:01:20 -0400

Yesterday my wife excitedly called me to look out of the window. What I saw
was a wild turkey perched on the roof of my car. I grabbed the first camera
I could get my hands on to take a picture. It was my wife's Canon S500.
Obviously the pictures don't have Leica like quality. The little obsolete
Canon has a 5 mp sensor and a 3X zoom. The car was parked in the driveway
about 100 feet from the window.The window glass was dirty.

Wild turkeys are common in the woods near my house but they rarely perch on
man made structures. This one looked big enough to make a nice Thanksgiving
dinner. I recall that Ben Franklin wanted to make the wild turkey the
national bird of the U.S.instead of the dirty, rapacious, thieving Bald
Eagle. We have eagles around too but they don't sit on the roofs of cars.
And given their diet, they probably don't taste too good.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Turkey+2.JPG.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Turkey+1.JPG.html

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Turkey on the car.)