Subject: [Leica] Fwd: Shattered M8 sensor glass update (780 Euros) + soft focus confusion
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 15:19:26 +1000

I think that Peter has already sent his M8, which is how he got the
quote???? Solms initially provided an estimate (by mail or phone?) dependant
on what else (if anything) needed to be done and then Peter sent the camera.
Peter correct me if I'm wrong.
The camera could be completed before the lenses but then held until the
lenses are complete for one shipment only back to Peter.
The large difference asking for the lens CLA's now is that Solms have
offered to perform this work at no charge since Peter is already paying for
a camera servicing. That means saving ~150 EUR per lens if they were just
sent on their own later.

In my case I was visiting and the next business day return of my camera body
was Customer Service being exceptionally helpful for a visitor. Normally you
would pay extra for express service and next business day is just a huge
bonus.
Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman