Subject: [Leica] New guy looking for information
From: NSURIT at aol.com (NSURIT at aol.com)
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 17:40:00 EDT

As an introduction,  I am a photo/camera guy, who lives in Texas and  I'm
not really a Leica guy.  Most of what I do is wet stuff although I do  shoot
some digital.  Most of my 35mm gear is Olympus OM.  I'm "Nsurit"  on several
sites and on eBay.

A friend has asked me to help her sell her father's Leica kit. I'm not at
this time offering it for sell, but rather looking for suggestions.

The kit contains:

Leica IIIf (needs a CLA, the shutter sticks part way open sometimes.
Camera body shows no signs of abuse/dents/dropping etc)

Summaron 3.5cm f3.5 (the best condition of the three lenses)

Hektor 135mm f4.5  (has some cleaning marks)

Summarit 50mm ff1.5 (marks on both front and rear elements)

The lenses haven't been dropped, rolled around in sand or otherwise been
abused with the mechanical function, however as one who likes their glass
pristine, these concerned me. Their is no fungus from what I can tell)

Summarit lenshood

Leitz 3.5 to 13.5 finder with hot shoe

Leitz flash

and another little piece or two

The questions are:

Given lack of pristine glass & need for CLA, would this be a place one
might go to find a buyer?

Would eBay better serve the friend?

Other suggestions?

Whichever way we go with this, excellent photographs and honest
descriptions will be provided.

I'm in digest mode. If anyone wants to respond off list my email is
_nsurit at aol.com_ (mailto:nsurit at aol.com) .

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.  I'd like  to
see my friend get a fair price and I'd like to see the gear living with
someone who will use it.

Bill Barber

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] New guy looking for information)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] New guy looking for information)