Subject: [Leica] Facebook Spam
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 14:40:11 -0500

Oh yes. I definitely get it.
These new technologies can be very enjoyable and effective.
I have one friend where the majority of our conversations occur
through skype chat.
And yes it's very convenient and enjoyable to "chat"
while continuing to be productive in other ways.

Yet it still feels rude (to me) when someone
carries on a private "text chat"
while in a "live" social group;
especially when the group is only 2 or 3.

But it's part of the culture.
These kids aren't simply texting A friend or relative.
They've got 2, 4, 6, different people going at once in texts
while supposedly also having a live conversation with me.
Too often it becomes quite obvious that they're "not present."

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com