Subject: [Leica] DNG
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 14:12:30 -0700

Perhaps I was not clear enough in my posting. The choice of
compression is made in the camera. It is always exactly a factor of
two, a fact I checked by looking at the file sizes. I now quote the
Leica instruction booklet: "The Compressed [DNG] format includes a
slight [sic] compression which
--causes only a negligible deterioration in quality
--provides full scope for subsequent procesing of the picture data
--allows faster saving'--takes up less memory space.

Also, I do not use Abobe's standalone raw to DNG converter. I use
Lightroom, which allegedly has this built in. Will it convert Leica
DNG to Adobe DNG?
--
Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org