Subject: [Leica] Solar charging of digital camera batteries.
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 13:44:52 +1000

Yes, George, your 115V or other national standards (we are 240V) converted
by your charger converted to DC. The charger is identical everywhere with
only the plug differing. Reading from the (genuine) battery, it is 3.7V
/1800mAh /6.7Wh. I believe that some of the substitute batteries may be of a
lower mAh rating but have not used any personally.

Related to the solar charging,  you should see our roof which now sports a
3KW Solar panel array (18 panels totalling about 21 square metres) that is
fed back via an inverter into our state grid for credits towards our power
bill ;-)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman