Subject: [Leica] it may not be as expensive as you think....
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 13:05:41 -0400

> Thanks Kyle,
> that's the magic search.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michiel Fokkema
>
> On 7 June 2010 23:07, Kyle Cassidy <kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu> wrote:

Backup flash cables are the thing you really need to bring backups for as
they go out or you can't find them in your bags.
What I found over the years is the ones with the fake gold tips never go out
on you. As in never ever. You could loose one but they don't conk out on
you.  The flash always goes off. Always. You pay an extra ten bucks for the
gold vapor  trail on the ends but I found it was worth every penny of it.
I used to kinds of flash coiled or otherwise with a knot in it as they'd
given me trouble at one point. As in the flash was not going off and it was
its fault I suspected. And for some reason I'd have trouble throwing them
out. Spaghetti.
But the gold tipped ones made that all that away in the 90's.
I even stopped bringing backups all the time.
The best flash cable is of course no flash cable. Hot shoes never go out.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner