Subject: [Leica] SF BAYLUG Photo Op
From: tomschofield at comcast.net (Tom Schofield)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 11:00:32 -0700

I was playing with the iFad LightTrac App this morning, and determined that
at 8:28 pm tonight the setting sun will be centered between the Golden Gate
Bridge towers, from the Marina, at about the end of Beach.  I doubt that I
will be able to go, as I am having dental work this pm, but maybe someone
else is interested!

The app overlays the sun angles for sunrise, sunset and displayed time over
Google maps, so you can see where on the horizon the sun will be, and you
can change to any date.  However, as far as I can tell, if, for example you
want to know when you need to be at treasure island to see/photograph the
sun setting between the golden gate towers, its trial and error picking
dates, as it does not do the calculation.

Tom Schofield

Replies: Reply from pasvorn at boonmark.net (Pasvorn Boonmark) ([Leica] SF BAYLUG Photo Op)
Message from pasvorn at boonmark.net (Pasvorn Boonmark) ([Leica] PESO: Underwing)
Message from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] PESO: Underwing)