Subject: [Leica] Newspapers
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 20:05:41 -0400

We cancelled our subscription to the Charlotte Observer today for many
reasons but one is because they have started using half of the front page of
each section as an advertisement.  It's impossible to read the paper with
half-page inserts on every section.  I get it already on the web.  Why
bother with struggling with partial pages at the breakfast table.

We cancelled our subscription to the local Rock Hill Herald after three
times when they failed to acknowledge our vacation stop and continued to
deliver papers when we were not home.  "Attention robbers!!  There is nobody
here!"

I really, really hate to stop these subscriptions because I believe in local
newspapers but I'm afraid they are no longer relevant.  I only hope that
whatever replaces them will be better and not worse.

Tina