Subject: [Leica] AI Conversion
From: digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird)
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 11:01:16 -0500

Success! I was able to find an OEM AI Kit #49 for the 200 f4 K at KOHs
Camera in New York. Ordered one today. (If anybody needs an AI Kit
Jimmy Koh has a pretty good stock of them, check his website)
I've heard you need to heat the screws before you take off the old
lens ring because they're glued in with Loctite(?). Pacific Ring
recommends heating with a soldering iron, Jimmy Koh said to use a hair
dryer. Either way for $20 my $49 pre-AI lens I got from KEH will be
AI'd with original Nikon parts. SWEET!
Thanks to all for your help and advice.

Jim