Subject: [Leica] LR3 and CS5 (?) users..... M8/M9 Aperture values?
From: lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 10:48:44 +0100

I've just played with an old M8 image in LR3. Right click on the image and
then select Metadata>Read metadata from file, or select the "Metadata>Read
metadata from file" menu option when you've selected the file(s).

That may be a bit quicker than your method since your suggestion would
possibly rebuild the preview.

Steve

On 20 Jun 2010, at 10:37, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:

> "update metadata and preview ' from the Metadata menu in LR2.7. I don't
> have
> 3 currently.
>
> Cheers
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman
>

> On 20 June 2010 17:10, Mark Pope <mark at whitedogs.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Interestingly, I have noticed that LR2.7 now displays the aperture values
>> for *newly imported* M8 files.  I don't know whether there is a way to get
>> Lightroom to pick up this data for files that are already in the catalog.
>> Anyone have any ideas on this?
>>

>> Cheers
>>
>> Mark
>>

>> Mark Pope,
>> Swindon, Wilts
>> UK
>>
>> Homepage               http://www.monomagic.co.uk
>> Blog                   http://www.monomagic.co.uk/blog
>> Picture a week (2010)
>> http://www.monomagic.co.uk/index.php?gallery=paw/2010
>> Picture a week (2009)
>> http://www.monomagic.co.uk/index.php?gallery=paw/2009
>>              (2008) http://www.monomagic.co.uk/index.php?gallery=paw/2008
>>

>> red735i at earthlink.net wrote:
>>
>>> For those of you with experience with the real versions ( not beta) of
>>> these programs....... Are you getting the EXIF files with proper Fstop
>>> data?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Frank

Replies: Reply from mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope) ([Leica] LR3 and CS5 (?) users..... M8/M9 Aperture values?)