Subject: [Leica] OT Question: Any Knowledgeable Short Radio Guy's on the Lug?
From: alal at poly.edu (A. Lal)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:30:03 -0400

It all depends on what you want to listen to. The big international
broadcasters - there are fewer and fewer of them every year - will certainly
be no problem. Local Europeans might be a problem. I have no problems
getting the major Europeans, direct or via relays,  on the Sony 2010, the
predecessor to the SW 77.

For dxing, local electrical interference form dimmers, switching power
supplies and your neighbors can render even the best radios useless unless
you have an elaborate antenna system.

Perhaps if you tell us a bit more about what stations you want to hear, we
can discuss this further. I'm pretty sure there are quite a few hams on the
LUG who can also offer suggestions.