Subject: [Leica] OT: iPhone 4 Photo Gallery
From: profmason at yahoo.com (John Edwin Mason)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 04:20:45 -0700 (PDT)

CNET has posted a large gallery of photos made by the iPhone 4:

They're nothing special, but, to me, that's what's remarkable -- they look
as though they were made by a reasonably high quality P&S.

That means that there's nothing about them that says "digital Holga,"
something that's going to disappoint a now sizable cult.

One other thing about them impresses me -- superb control of barrel and
pincushion distortion (via software?), better than most high end wide zooms
that I've used, the glorious Nikon 12-24/2.8 excepted.

Here's a link (which drops you into the middle of the gallery):

http://news.cnet.com/2300-13544_3-10003900-19.html?tag=mncol

--John

John Edwin Mason, Photography:
http://www.JohnEdwinMason.com