Subject: [Leica] [IMG] Attitude (was Received M8 & lenses repaired/adjusted by Solms)
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 02:43:46 +0900

Trying to find a workaround to my badly front-focusing 90mm Tele-
Elmarit, I took a few photos of my daughter and then moved the focus
ring another little turn beyond the correct RF alignment.  I had to do
this for or five times to get it right by chimping.  In this photo my
daughter is giving me her "attitude" look.  Here is the shot, with the
RF focus being about 25cm behind her eyes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geordiepete/4757457506/sizes/l/

This lens has front-focused since it came back to me from Solms after
an adjustment.  Customer Services there have advised me to send the
lens to Milton Keynes in the UK because I will be in the UK this
August.  I will probably do that if Milton Keynes tell me it is fine
for me to bring the lens there myself and have them do the repair the
same day so I can see it working properly before I take it back.

Happy Independence Day to those who celebrate it!

Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] [IMG] Attitude (was Received M8 & lenses repaired/adjusted by Solms))
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] [IMG] Attitude (was Received M8 & lenses repaired/adjustedby Solms))