Subject: [Leica] My SoFoBoMo book of LeMans (lots of Leica content.)
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 15:00:59 -0700 (PDT)

Really nice expose Bryan. Too bad about the gear box. Can you tell us what
the outcome was?
Best,
Bob

Bob Adler
http://www.rgaphoto.com

On Jul 4, 2010, at 2:34 PM, "Bryan Willman" <bryanwi at bryanwi.com> wrote:

In the first part of June I drove with an entry in the 24hrs of LeMans.
It didn't go well, but I did get some OK images, which I used to create
my sofobomo book.
http://www.sofobomo.org/book-362-LeMans-2010

The parade images and a few others were shot with an X1.

Most of the rest shot with an M9 and 21f1.4.

The new m-mount 12mm was used for the shot from the cockpit.

For what it's worth, I'm happy with the M9/X1 combo.  They are close
enough to function as backup cameras for each other, and of course an X1
is vastly cheaper than an M9.   They are different enough to cover a
wider range of application - in particular an X1 is small enough to
stuff in the pocket of a driving suit.  And M9 is faster and easier
(yes, even without autofocus) especially in dark cramped places.

I use a the cv 35mm finder on the X1, seems to work just fine.

bmw