Subject: [Leica] Photoshopping for Truth? (and a sneaky real estate FS Friday)
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 16:14:21 -0400

2010-07-05-15:53:23 George Lottermoser:
> Often it's a lot easier to achieve the interior/exterior "balance"
> with a simple bounce flash in the room.
> Expose for the exterior (perhaps a half stop brighter)
> and adjust the flash to achieve the desired balance.
> This approach would certainly do away with the odd light on the sill.

Thanks, I should try that.  I've been thinking I should try again with
either daylight-balanced light inside, or (for some of the rooms with
smaller windows) even trying to tape some gels over the windows.  I
understand that's an old cinema trick.

Problem is, the day I took the window picture was a good day for the
exterior light (gently overcast, few hot spots) and my pictures of
exteriors in the woods usually look terrible with normal hard light.
So I'm poised to try again if I notice good light.

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Photoshopping for Truth? (and a sneaky real estate FS Friday))
Message from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Photoshopping for Truth? (and a sneaky real estate FS Friday))