Subject: [Leica] IMG: A little recital
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 19:47:03 -0500

On 7/5/2010 5:42 PM, Peter Klein wrote:
> Our friend Mara gave a 4th of July party, during which, there was an
> informal recital by her newest cello student.
>
> Pre-recital instructions
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/July4-2010/L1006612.jpg.html
>

> Recital
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/July4-2010/L1006620_2.jpg.html
>

> And our pianist friend Nino asked me to take a B&W portrait of her for
> a program.  There was not much light yesterday, but a bit of window
> light supplemented by some incandescent worked out well. (I may crop
> the bottom to get rid of the sweater in the corners, or maybe not?)
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/July4-2010/L1006625bw-w.jpg.html
>

> --Peter
>
> M8, ISO 640 and 50 Summicron at f/2.8-ish

Excellent.  The recital photo really resonates.  Our 10-year old
grandson is working on his first Chopin Nocturnes.  I made a CD of them
by Claudio Arrau for him.  He will listen with the sheet music and say,
grandpa, here is where he is.  How great to have that talent, cello or
piano or whatever, and the opportunity.  Here he is at his first recital:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/kcarney/IMG_8950.jpg.html

Ken Carney (plays the hi-fi and jukebox)