Subject: [Leica] Kisatchie 4th
From: dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis)
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 18:19:54 -1000

I used this lens a bit in the early '60s and I think you will find it
has a lot of light fall off. Your hood may have vignetted too but try
shooting w/o it and compare.

The f/3.4 superseded the f/4 and has less light fall off. I think the
f/4 spec was to use the 39mm filter and that was a big constraint. The
f/3.4 uses a 48mm filter, but it's also a half stop faster.

It's a nice compact lens. With photoshop you can probably fix the light
fall off.

-Dennis

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Kisatchie 4th)