Subject: [Leica] Photoshopping for Truth? (and a sneaky real estate FS Friday)
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 09:41:11 -0500

No one denies the obvious change.
Open for discussion:
does the change affect one's notion of "truth" and/or "reality?"

Every day I listen to politicians and pundits say,
"The reality is?"
"The truth is?"
When they're really just expressing opinions, beliefs, and judgments.

This illustration was produced in the tradition of an "editorial" cover;
not in the tradition of a "documentary" cover.
One has to view these images in their context.
Look at the tradition of Economist covers:
<http://www.artofsatire.economist.com/cover-sell-buy-sell.php>
< http://www.magazine.org/asme/top_40_covers/>
< http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2010/01/economist-bubble-warning/>

There ARE important examples of misuse of retouching
this most certainly IS NOT one of them.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com