Subject: [Leica] M8 firmware 2.005
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i at earthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 21:01:02 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

I have yet to download the update... and unless I hear there is something
interesting, I will take my time.

What is quite obvious is that there is no lens menu in the update....
otherwise someone would be screaming about it already.

What is even more obvious is that this is a bug fix release only.  No new
features.
The implication is that us M8 owners have had it with feature improvements
from Leica....  There is no ongoing  M8 FW feature inprovements, only maybe
a few  more bug fisxes coming....

Whatch out you M9 users... you are next to be forgotten.

Anyone want to hack the M8 firmware for feature extensions?

Frank

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] M8 firmware 2.005)
Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] M8 firmware 2.005)