Subject: [Leica] M8 firmware 2.005
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 00:23:52 +1000

Yep, you mean unlocking a disabled feature of the hardware that already
existed, I think.
Since the M8 doesn't even have the same processor arrangement, (two instead
of one), obviously different circuit board arrangement to support that,
different pipeline, different sensor, different A/D conversion, processes 80
% more data etc you may need a magic wand.
I'll leave it to the determined programmers to debate then !
Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman