Subject: [Leica] Subject: Wtb. Monopod
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 15:14:25 -0400

My considerations on a monopod:  Does it screw down far enough to fit in a
suitcase or backpack?  Does it add significantly to the weight of what I'm
carrying?  Can I use it easily as a cane or hiking stick?  Can I fit a small
ballhead on it?  Do the sections adjust easily and securely?

With all of those considerations in mind, my favorite monopod is a Gitzo
carbon fibre; but I also like the Leki hiking sticks with a built-in screw
mount beneath the handle.  Just depends on whether I'm going to be hiking
more than standing.

Tina