Subject: [Leica] For those looking for a Digital camera.....
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 12:33:44 +0930

The S1 was still for sale as recently as 2007.  It requires a PC with
free PCI-Slot. The actual Software is Silverfast 6.x.  I think the
last OS that it will work on is Win XP.

I've used one; it's a scanning back camera and although there was an
S1 "high speed" it still wasn't _that_ "high speed".  But within its
design limitations the quality of the images is astounding.

Marty