Subject: [Leica] Patriotic Fourth of July
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 17:52:38 -0700

Bob, we never do the illegal firework stuff, just go out to enjoy the town's
shows. It's a bit unfair to blame the Chinese and Taiwanese manufacturers.
It's like the drug problem, if there is no demand, then there wouldn't be
suppliers. When I lived in NYC, literally the ground would be covered with
inches of firecracker remnants after Chinese New Year celebration. However,
the police really cracked down on it, and now it's no longer done.

Fortunately, all our corgi also have not been afraid of fireworks. In fact,
Morwyn loves to watch them. Our first dog, Rissa, charged to the door
whenever she heard firework and challenged it. But I understand how
stressful it is for other dogs not liking the noise. Poor things just don't
understand.