Subject: [Leica] How many 21mm Summilux users here? Are you all happy with the lens?
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 19:59:49 -0700

Of course F1.4 is the reason, but I am just saying that if one was to "play
around," this could be a dangerous game with this lens since the used market
for a $5K lens will be small. I don't mind at all that Vick does it, but he
trades cameras and lens more often than I (fill in the blank).

A lot of the Leica lens used prices are up not because of the 10% annual
increase, but because of that M8 and M9. They are bringing in a lot of old
Leica users back and drawing in new users because of bloggers like Steve
Huff and Puts. When the fervor dies down and everyone who would want a
digital M gets one, then the price will go down again. This may be 2-3 years
out, but that day will come.