Subject: [Leica] OT: i7 laptop questions
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i at earthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 00:44:47 -0400 (EDT)

First question... why do you wish to upgrade your existing and working
machine?  What do you feel is insufficient in its present performance that
would make you wish to upgrade?

What OS do you wish your new machine to use?  is this a Mac or a PC OS?

Someone responded that the faster the processor, the more power used and the
lower the battery life.. that is sage info.....

But that is not the whole story.....

And to make things worse, your PC maker may have put in some BIOS that the
more powerful processor may be able to access.....and the lower performance
processor is not able to access or use.....

#1 rule of thumb.... within a single manufacturer's lineup, you can compare
battery life pretty fairly... but comparing HP to Dell to someone else?
best you get a cystal ball.... it is more relaible.....

Have you checked out Cnet.com or similar for comparisons?  At least they
would have done some real comparisons..... uisng the same criteria of
testing.... instead or heresay or marketing BS.....

Frank