Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Oops!
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:43:24 -0700

Jim wrote:
"Clever!  Nice sequence."

Lluis wrote:
"Agree!
Lluis"

Mark wrote:
"I think I would have said something a little stronger than 'oops'...
It was a fascinating series - a great illustration of teamwork.
I also enjoyed your other Tioga pictures - a very beautiful area.
Cheers
Mark"

Geoff wrote:
"Not an Oops, a photo story opportunity!
Cheers
Geoff"

Bob wrote:
"Nice folks helping you out!
Subaru, right? 4WD wouldn't help? Just curious for when I do the same darn
thing :-)
Best,
Bob"

According to the TPR staff this sort of thing happens frequently, sometimes
even to the employees. Following the clever recovery there was an animated
discussion among the local experts on the merits of 4WD and/or lockable
differentials because in their opinion I could have just driven myself out
of there without calling a tow truck (Subarus have AWD). Cory, the tow truck
guy, told them that they were full of it because I would have seriously
damaged my rear suspension "A" arm which rested on a steel plate just in
front of a bolt that stuck out of the bridge.

I appreciate the comments!
Oliver