Subject: [Leica] OT: Peter's article on Schwarz Horn Trio
From: profmason at yahoo.com (John Edwin Mason)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 15:56:45 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks very much for posting this, Peter.  As a broken down old horn player,
I'm naturally fascinated.  Wish that I could be there, but I'll have to
count on you to write up the concert.

Also nice to hear someone other than a hornist say this about the Brahms
trio:  "It is one of the greatest pieces of chamber music ever written, and
quite an act to follow."

Indeed.  A deeply moving work.  And by no means a walk in the park for
anyone involved in the performance.

--John

________________
>From Peter:

I'm published. My preview of the world premiere of Gerard Schwarz' Trio
for Violin, Horn and Piano is now in print in Seattle's JTNews, and on the
Web at:

http://www.gatheringnote.org/?p=7558#more-7558

John Edwin Mason, Photography:
http://www.JohnEdwinMason.com