Subject: [Leica] More on "last roll of Kodachrome"
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:05:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010  Sonny Carter <sonc.hegr at gmail.com> wrote:

>It is a great film, and I have lots of Kodachrome slides from when I was a
>teenager in Europe (1960) that seem as bright and colorful as the day they
>came back to me in the mailer a couple weeks after I sent them out.

>That was always the problem.  Timeliness of processing.  Unless you were
>living near a lab, Kodachrome was not a film you could keep loaded in your
>money camera.
I got hooked on Kodachrome in  the sixties, when Milwaukee had one day
service from the local lab (I seem to remember).
George worked there, and maybe handled some of my films.

Even later, when processing took longer, it was worth the wait for me.  No
other slide film ever gave the same satisfaction.

I better get snapping with my last rolls.   ;~)

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] More on "last roll of Kodachrome")