Subject: [Leica] Exceptional Contemporary Documentary Imagery
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie Talbert)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 22:52:19 -0400 (EDT)

Well put, George, there's not much more and not much less.
Maybe the animals have more of a perspective concerning
their fate than we realize?

I researched a bit more today, the photog, Tommaso Ausili
apparently took home all the bacon ($25,000 plus sony gear)
for this pic story, taking 1st not only in Contemporary
Phojo, but best overall across 15 genres. The jury was selected
from within the World Photographic Academy.  Academy members
include Bruce Davidson, Elliot Erwitt, Neil Leifer, and many
other well knowns, details here:

http://www.worldphoto.org/news-and-events/wpo-news/sony-world-photography-awards-2010-winners-announced/

Montie

George Lottermoser wrote:

Because it is a current and ongoing 24/7 event.
It's war photography; against animals; this is what it looks like.
I think it particularly interesting that we do not see a human face.
The butchers, posed in two examples, are presented as if [hooded]
executioners.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com