Subject: [Leica] Digital point and shoot
From: gwpics at me.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 09:25:42 +0100

Mark

The reality is that on the LUG of old we talked about Leica, and only Leica
(apart from other equally grand subjects like whisky, beer etc.). That was
the sole purpose of the LUG, the reason for its very existence, and for
which i was very grateful. When I gave up my Leicas to (sadly) move to Nikon
for 'operational reasons' and thus go digital, I actually emailed the LUG
and explained my move and said that it was with some reluctance that I was
leaving my band of friends as I felt I no longer belonged. At that stage
some were already talking digital (Leica didn't have a digital camera of any
note at that time) and I was invited to stay. I am afraid that the
floodgates are now well and truly open, and to try and close them now is too
late. I am sorry if you thought seeking the advise of friends to enable me
to shoot in a Leicaesque style was 'going on and on ad nauseam' but would
point out that I have not been going on. I asked a simple question, listened
to the considered answers and made a decision. If others cared to go off at
a tangent then that is their choice.

Gerry

Gerry Walden LRPS
+44 (0)23 8046 3076 (Office)