Subject: [Leica] CIS ink brands
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 17:54:08 -0500

Aram,

I have an R1800 also, for when I need a "glossy" print.  I print all the
time when one of the cartridge lights is blinking, and I have never had
a print stop.  There is more ink in the cartridge than the monitor would
lead you to believe.  I have had the cartridge light stay on steady when
the print was finished.  Anyway, I think Epson says that if a cartridge
runs out, the printer will just stop and you can insert a new cartridge
and it will run a cleaning cycle and resume printing - can't speak from
experience on that one.  I did try a CIS from MIS once, on an older
Epson.  I think it was about $250.  To the credit of MIS, they are clear
that you need to print all the time for it to work, and I didn't
listen.  Even when I got a good test pattern, eventually it quit working
because of algae buildup in the tubes, so then you have to replace
those.  (Mine was for the MIS b&w inksets).  Now, I just order a bunch
of factory cartridges from Atlex for my two Epsons and no worries.

Ken Carney