Subject: [Leica] Fwd: Re:Mark Rabiner's comment on using his Summicron
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 17:59:51 -0400

As much as I love what cutting edge optical pie in the sky wonder Leica is
going to come up tomorrow and have been on occasion been able to enjoy
working with just out Leica glass and certainly feel like I've been able to
outdo my Nikon and Canon using peers I also find their levels of technology
and "looks" viable from each pervious decade. I used the "current" 50
Summicron M for commercial work in the 90's and I felt like I was ahead of
the game not behind.
It was 1979 the last time the optical design on the 50 Summicron was tweaked
I got it 14 years later in 1993.
I looked at my 11x14 darkroom fiber prints and they seemed to jump off the
page. Could this have been psychological I'd never spent $650 on a 35mm
format lens before. Who knows but the prints I still have and they still
look darned good.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com