Subject: [Leica] 2500 iso now rant
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 22:37:59 -0500

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Marty Deveney <benedenia at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I agree that it's the #1 area for improvement for Leica.
>
> In B&W, I can get much finer grain than this out of Delta 3200 or TMZ
> at comparable EIs.

Yeah well, I probably could have done the shot better with a faster lens,
and maybe with my M6 and Fuji 1600 Natura, but I was trying to see what I
could get out of the 21mm Elmarit, (new to me)  That's the only reason I
posted the equipment, the shutter speed, iso and f stop. I'm pretty happy
with the outcome.

Why does the criticism here often drift  from the quality of the shot, or
the accomplishment to a thrashing of Leica?

I often shoot pictures that include cats and I shoot pictures that feature
flowers.    The funny thing is that some people avoid my pictures, and
others who shoot the same subjects, because they "don't like cats" or "don't
like flower pictures."

Hey folks, in my case,  it aint about the cats and it certainly not about
the flowers.

 It is about the picture, the lighting, and the composition, and seeing what
I can do with my equipment, my lack of mobility, and what is at hand to
photograph.

 --
Regards,

Sonny