Subject: [Leica] Advice on insuring equipment
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:08:54 -0700

I am about to insure my M9 and a couple of legacy lenses. The lenses
are a 35 mm Sunmmicron purchases from KEH and a 90 mm Summicron
purchases from Henning Wulf, both bought approximately eight years
ago for about $600 each.

The first problem is evaluating the lenses. I've looked at B & H and
KEH used lists and there is quite a price range, depending on
condition, but my best guess is that the lenses have appreciated and
that $1000 is reasonable. Am I right?

The second problem is that I can't, for the life of me, find a serial
number on the 35 mm lens. Where do they hide it?

Thanks for any advice,

Herb
--
Herbert Kanner