Subject: [Leica] OT: printing question
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:11:22 -0700

Because I print so infrequently I have forgotten or misrembered a few
basics.

The image is almost a full M8 DNG, about 2000X3000 pixels. I plan to print a
6X9 enlargement on 11X14 heavyweight paper.

I have an Epson 1280. Its print resolution is 180 dpi which can be increased
in multiples of 2 up to 1440 dpi.

I will probably import the image into LR at 360 ppi.  Will importing the DNG
at 16 bit make a noticeable difference in the enlargement?

I humbly solicit your advice.

Oliver

PS: I posted an earlier version of this image at  http://tinyurl.com/2etx5aa
.