Subject: [Leica] LUG party -- now Tom Waits
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:26:31 -0600

Jeffery Smith wrote:
Hey, I went to junior high and high school with Tom Waits. Didn't know his
influence made it half way around the globe!

Jeffery

On Aug 23, 2010, at 4:34 PM, Marty Deveney wrote:

> We get on the plane tomorrow (Wednesday) our time.  We arrive in San
> Francisco before we leave.  Yesterday is here, as Tom Waits said.
> Whoever comes, we'll see you there.  We'll be the ones who talk funny.
>
> Marty
Funny Tom Waits story:

A few years ago he was here in Albuquerque to receive some kind of film
industry award.  It was in the summer and he took a walk down the main drag
(Central Ave.) near the University.  As the day started to heat up he ducked
into the guitar shop where my daughter then worked.  He goes to the counter
and says to the clerk, "It sure is hot out there.  I wasn't expecting this
heat.  Do you have a pair of scissors?"  He was handed the scissors and
proceeded to cut off his shirt sleeves.  He left them there as souvenirs.  I
think my daughter may have had one at some point.  They all thought it was
hilarious.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE