Subject: [Leica] Searching?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:33:42 -0500

Objective criteria for visual art, music or literature
is certainly hard to come by.
Someone always breaks the rules brilliantly
to take us to the next level.

And I'm not necessarily referring to
photographers providing their own "verse" with their "imagery."
I'm rather thinking about the power of Weston's daybooks,
Minor Whites years at Aperture, Life and Look magazines,
Avedon and Baldwin's "Nothing Personal," etc.

(I'm also referring to words and pictures working together
in the form of great posters
<http://americanhistory.si.edu/vote/small/6_01_sm.jpg>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Chicago8.jpg>,
words in paintings, etc.)