Subject: [Leica] IMGs: other radio-related photography
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 23:38:13 -0400

2010-08-27-23:16:09 Ric Carter:
> will load to my ipod to listen to on the way to work

Oh, cool...  I think the link I gave before only works for streaming.
This should be the podcast-subscription link:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=73331201

...although there's so much there at WFMU to listen to.  I'm
particularly addicted to the impeccable musical taste of Monica:

http://wfmu.org/playlists/ML

...and Ken, the station manager (and a co-host of Seven Second Delay)
does another show I try not to miss:

http://wfmu.org/playlists/KF

The thing about Ken's show is that in the context of his show, carried
along by its energy, I find myself enjoying stuff which would annoy
the crap out of me if I heard it in a vacuum.  That and Ken can be
really funny, in a... special Ken sort of way.  There are recurring
comedic leitmotifs.

But that's the stuff I like, and everybody's taste is different.  I
rejoice in how much of the stuff at WFMU I can't stand, because it's
proof that freeform radio is alive and well there, and there are other
people who'll really love that heavy metal show, or that art-noise
show, or that garage-rock show, or the insanely annoying interviewer,
or the 20 minutes of a piano string strung across an East-Berlin
garret being twanged in various ways.

  http://wfmu.org/

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] IMGs: other radio-related photography)