Subject: [Leica] Legs, and Soul
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 15:46:59 -0700

Philippe Amard offered:

>>All part of the European motleyed culture, which " Lluis's Legs " are part
>>and parcel of.
Great photograph in the long standing tradition. <<<<

Bon Jour Philippe,
Certainement! > The Devil is a woman (M. Dietrich, and Bardot later) :-)

Lluis picture is beautiful in it's advertising simplicity! We see legs and
bare bottoms, at least I didn't say "bare boobs!"  nearly every time we
pick-up a magazine, fashion or photography.

I'm quite surprised how a B&W / colour photograph of some woman's legs can
be seen in a negative  " not a nice kind of photo to be seen by the public
because it degrades women?" Or some other inane reason!

Actually the truth is those with "DIRTY MINDS" turned it into a "DIRTY"
photograph. Get over it, it's not degrading in the least! Just look at the
checkout counter "REAL TRASH HOLLYWOOD SLUTS TRASH MAGS" if you want to see
degrading women!

Let's look at the same picture in this context? A completely different
context which could happen to some of the professional shooters on list! Me
included as I shot fashion in Canada & Paris in the mid sixties... Oh my
goodness those Paris models.............. .Oh la la! OK no more, what
happens in Paris? ;-) Stays in Paris! :-)

If Lluis offered this about his picture:  "I was asked to shoot some fashion
pictures today of women's new style nylons blended with silk and here is one
of the photos chosen by the advertising agency!" That's it! Actually quite
clean and simple! There wouldn't have been one negative comment the likes
we've seen!

So get over it and your minds out of the gutter and think it's just a
photograph because the photographer was "observant" and saw a photographic
moment without any twisted mind! My heavens sometimes I wonder?

Dr. Ted Grant!

Replies: Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Legs, and Soul)
Message from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Legs)
Message from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard at sfr.fr) ([Leica] Legs, and Soul)