Subject: [Leica] Calves and stripes
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 16:22:03 -0400

This type of composition which I'd seen done with the stuff coming off the
sides I'd seldom been able to pull of successfully myself I've always
thought was striking and I've admired them.
I've been intensively as of late as a result of the radio station contest
I'd entered involving the NY "sonic landscape of Manhattan" I've been doing
a whole lot of "down shooting" as I walk quickly down the streets mainly at
night and not looking through the viewfinder but looking at at  afterwards a
moment later as they appear lit up the thing on the back of the camera. As a
result my sensibilities have been changing but mainly its a case of shooting
a ton of pix and getting lucky shots. Both really.  Which in my opinion is
the main thing most the time anyway.  You only get shots be shooting a lot.
I'm doing more shooting now by far in the past months than I ever have. 10x
more. The only way I've been able to get what I hope could be called
"decisive shots" is to pick the million dollar shot out of a ton of shots.
The decisive movement for me is when I see a shot buried in my contact
sheets.
Which in this case is Adobe Bridge.
The CS5 works.
The CS4 really did not.

I do have many shots just like this. Stripes with feet. Tons of them.
This is one of the best I'm thinking.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com