Subject: [Leica] Earl's AA Shots.....
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 18:17:41 -0500

I probably don't agree that this is BS.
In art it does depend a great deal on who "got there first"
and who truly keeps developing the concept and style above and beyond what
we've seen before.
In terms of National Parks and grand landscape photography AA certainly
earned his place.

If Earl (or any of us) got there first but kept his (our) little collection
in a shoe box - oh well.

While obviously a decent photographer who worked hard carrying glass into
the parks
I do suspect his efforts are a bit derivative from work he saw of the period
and places.

Creating the photograph is only one piece of the market puzzle.
Publication, gallery and museum publication, and validating criticism
within the market genres are the other puzzle pieces;
and much more difficult to develop than a sheet of film or paper.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com