Subject: [Leica] WTB: IR/UV filters
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 18:52:57 -0400

>From what I can see, Tina the IR filters which work with the M8 represent a
complex sophisticated filtering which cost a lot of money and are worth it;
like you say.
But the UV filter thing is a marketing scam. And there seems to be a profile
of people who are susceptible to it. The same people who've got you sitting
on their sticky shiny plastic covered see through slip covered sofa's in the
summer so their expensive upholstery does not get worn. Your thighs become
crazy glued to them. But hey their upholstery cost a lot of money!

Would the so called well healed serious amateurs care that pro photogs who
have forgotten more about photography then they'll ever totally ever know do
and don't do? Heck no photography practice is not the issue. Its the buying
and selling of gear. And these guys go through much more gear than the pros
do in plenty of cases. We should just listen to THEM.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com