Subject: [Leica] New R Solution?
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 00:29:32 +0200

  Nice to kick some ideas around :-)

Full aperture metering really is the crux of the matter
- there will have to be some kind of mechanism to stop
the lens down for shooting.

For this, I too can only envisage this being a
motorized system installed in some kind of adapter with
an electronic interface to the camera - I like the idea
of a ring to control the aperture setting, like on the
OM-1 body

Otherwise, we would have to dial in the aperture and
stop down accordingly.

Do we actually need a shutter mechanism? Probably not,
there must ways of switching a sensor on and off as an
alternative.

Of course the ideal solution would be a BIG rangefinder
body for R-lenses, with a very precise rangefinder to
take account of long lenses :-)
Forget the traditional rangefinder principle and use a
laser rangefinder instead perhaps? Laser are a penny a
dozen these days.

Or a return to the Periflex system where you dropped a
periscope mirror (maybe a sensor would do it too?) into
the raypath.

I would actually like to see a Live-View/control unit,
with all the controls you need, that fits into the top
shoe (at least a 3" monitor, preferably larger) as a
waist level finder (with a loupe for checking focus),
could strapped to your wrist or connected by a remote
cable or Bluetooth so you can compose your shots and
shoot from almost anywhere.

All wishful thinking

Douglas