Subject: [Leica] TSA publishes poster depicting photographers as terrorists
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 01:56:46 -0400

I was stopped 4 days ago by a large security guard on 72nd and Madison.
"I'm sorry no photography" he said I had just been shooting the spires at
the very top of the building lit by the setting sun as I walked by.
"I'm sorry you're sorry but I'm photographing anything I feel like if its
not a military base" I said. "including you - is this a military base?"
"That's top secret information" he said (really!) I kept walking and As I
passed another guy with the same polo shirt who also had been watching this
unfold he mumbles something at me maybe menacing but I really couldn't hear
him and I asked as I kept walking "are you threatening me?" and he says no.
I got the vibe he thought the other security guy was an idiot.
They then watched me walk into Central Park with my cameras swinging beside
me.
I'll post one of the pictures they came out real great. Great light. Great
architecture.
I think they just get bored and have nothing better to do but harass people.
I'm sure I'd do the same if I had the job.
"just stand outside this building all day".

He had said it was a "government building" come to think of it.
We need to not have our tails between our legs. Stops them from wagging.

Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the
press ....
First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

If its a military base or a US bank (inside) you can't shoot.
Anyplace else you can. Don't let them tell you otherwise.
We are the good guys.
That's specific to the US of A but not that far from most other places.
Except of course, France. Where you own the light which bounces off your
face or house.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com