Subject: [Leica] Three Days Lost
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 14:33:17 -0500

I was away for three days, and came home to find 484 emails, mostly from the
LUG and OM lists.  Forgive me if I used the delete key too often.

I spent Labor Day through Wednesday at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville,
getting some problems checked out.  My most impressive memory of the first
day and night was the sound of medical helicopters landing and departing
just seventy feet above my 7th floor window until 10:30pm on Labor Day.
There were a lot of accident victims brought in to the Trauma Center, where
my grandson, a dental surgeon, was pulling a long night shift.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Heliport.jpg.html

The view from the window showed only a small part of the large number of
buildings packed onto this crowded campus.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Buildings+Everywhere.jpg.html

Although I was in a 7th floor cardiac unit, there was a beautiful courtyard
just two floors below.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Courtyard.jpg.html

Finally, all of the work was done and I was left to wait for my ride home.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Waiting+to+Go+Home.jpg.html

All photos courtesy of my much outclassed LG cell phone.

Comments and critiques welcomed, but please, no sympathy messages.  I'm fine!

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Three Days Lost)
Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] Three Days Lost)