Subject: [Leica] New R Solution?
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 23:03:08 +0200

Fully agree with the praise for the various Leica SLRs. I owned an SL2 and
an R8 and both were simply awesome picture-taking machines, especially the
R8. The trouble is that they flopped in the marketplace, and hence yes, they
got no respect where it matters most: when the customer has the
wallet/credit card in her hands. That is a fact, and however much we moan
about it, Leica is not a charity but a business, and a business must produce
things people will buy in sufficient quantity to generate a profit. Sadly,
as much as some of us love Leica SLRs, none of them ever met that criterion.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu